The King Fear Con returns to Fear Con 2019!!
Utah’s premier CosPlay & costume contest returns for another amazing year at Fear Con. We have reevaluated the competition and are committed to a top quality experience for all of our competitors. See below for more details.
Cost to Participate: $49.95
***Included in the price for all contestants:
- (1) 2-Day pass to Fear Con for the contestant.
- (2) general seating tickets to Thursday night “Circus of Terror”. (Conditions Apply**)
- A unique professional photoshoot. (Sep 20th & 21st)
- Online promotion and marketing from Fear Con’s website, Facebook, and Instagram account. (Will vary per contestant)
- (2) 2 Day Passes to use as giveaways on social media. (Conditions Apply*)
- Special access and participation in the Miss Fear Con/Pumpkin King Pageant.
Schedule and Dates
- July 1- Sep 21
- King Fear Con Registration Open
- Sep 20-21
- Photoshoot (location TBD)
- Sep 29-Oct 6
- Online Voting competition (top 3 with highest votes will automatically advance to finals)
- October 12th (2:30 pm Main Stage at Fear Con)
- Miss Fear Con/ King Fear Con Finals
Online Voting: September 29th – October 6th. Contestants will have their professional photos uploaded to Fearcon.com for online voting. The top 3 contestants who have the most votes will be automatically advanced to the finals at Fear Con. Online voting will also determine the order in which the participants enter the stage during the finals.
Winning online voting DOES NOT guarantee that contestant will win the overall event. The online voting DOES NOT affect your final score.
Fear Con Finals Judging: The Top 10 Contestants will participate in a live interview with the Miss Fear Con/ King Fear Con Host where the audience & judges will better get to know you, your Cosplay, and your dark side.
ONLY THE TOP 10 WILL BE ON STAGE AT KING FEAR CON FINALS. 3 from the online voting and the other 7 will be chosen from our judges based off of your images at the photo shoot.
**Each competitor that advances to the finals is allowed to make alterations to your cosplay between the photoshoot & the finals. However, your cosplay MUST BE THE SAME CHARACTER. You are allowed to make upgrades, repairs, etc… but you are NOT allowed to change your character.
If you are NOT in the top 10, please feel free to attend Fear Con dressed up. You can hang out at the Miss Fear Con & Pumpkin King Booth, attend the main stage competition, and enjoy Fear Con. You will NOT be on stage for the final competition.
The judges will individually vote on each participant 1-10 in the following categories:
- Costume Design
- Crowd Reaction
- Quality of Answers given on stage.
The judges will add up each score for each category. The contestant with the highest score will win. If there is a tiebreaker, we will have judges vote on who will win.
If any friends, family, or supporters of the contestant display poor sportsmanship towards the show and/or any other contestant, they will immediately be disqualified and banned from future contests. This was a major issue in previous years and has almost resulted in the event being discontinued. Thank you for your continued support.
Final details will be emailed to all who have registered.
Prize packages are being developed and we will be updating once they are put together. We want to ensure the best possible prizes for those who win!
Prize packages will be awarded to 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place contestants.
FAQ and NOTES and POLICIES about Miss Fear Con and King Fear Con.
- Cosplay/Costume Presentation- Participants will be scored on their overall presentation of cosplay or costume. Whether you have a great cosplay, gothic beauty, or are just plain terrifying, we want you! The criteria are loose, but, will reward quality, creativity, and presence.
- We will have a brief, live, on-stage interview on Friday. Participants will be asked some light, fun Halloween related questions.
- The Fear Factor/Gross-out competition. Participants will need to show they have the true heart of Halloween by participating in some surprise fear-inducing challenges live on stage. (These will be mild and will not be physically demanding.)
*** Participants will pay an admission fee that will include the above perks. These are subject to change.
** (2) Thursday Night “Circus of Terror” tickets are non-transferable. Must have participated in the online voting competition to receive 2-Day Fear Con Ticket and Circus of Terror ticket.
* Tickets must be given away on Contestants social media, Fear Con will send vouchers to winners after proof of social media give away are sent in to email@example.com.