***A General Admission Ticket Is Required To Enter Cake Wars Competition. Free to enter, but you must go online and register!
You may bring a cake or cupcakes for entry. There are 2 categories. Cakes and cupcakes will be displayed in the Spooky Con portion of the show. Guests will be able to vote on their favorites.
Afterwards Chef Nettie Frank from Cake Wars and her panel of judges will taste the creations! Those scores combined with the votes from our guests will determine our winners! Our winners will be given a prize. First place will receive $100 cash and aa n award. Awards will be given to Top 3 in both categories.
This year we will have an attendant to protect the cakes.
Fear Con Cake Wars Details
Rules for the cake/cupcake wars.
1. Cakes must be at least 8″ round/square cake. No more than three tiers high. Cakes can be 50% non cake.
2. Make 2 cupcakes with the flavors of the cake for tasting for the judges.
3. Flavor and look is up to you, be as creative as possible on flavor as well as presentation.
4. Bring cakes and cake stand(whatever you want to put the cake on for easy transportation) to the Salt Palace by Friday, no later than 10:00 am. Please email us the time you will be arriving (email@example.com) .
5. Give your cake a name or theme so we can put that on the card. No personal names will be shown at the show. These names need to be turned in when you bring the cake.
6. Questions – email firstname.lastname@example.org